Sunday, March 23, 2008

The company we keep??

Ran across this story at ABC: Basically throw Imus under the bus, but stay friends with the real racist. This is a little step back in time, but basically the big O was quite emphatic that he would not tolerate any remarks that were offensive to any group of people that came from any person that works for him. I guess that it's a good thing that the good Reverend is not on O's payroll or he'd be looking in the classifieds..yeah right. Of course I don't think that he would have to look for long, I'm sure that the Nation of Islam, or even Libya could find something for him to do.
By the way, I just heard that the church where Rev. Wright spouts racist, anti-American vitriol, (you know, the scriptures?) had an interesting topic for the Easter sermon today. It was not delivered by Rev. Wright, but the topic was how to survive a public lynching! I'm not big on religion, but I have read the Bible from cover to cover. Old Testament and New Testament. From Genesis 1:1 to Revelation. And funny thing is I don't remember reading any passages about Goddamn America, or rich white people keeping blacks down. Maybe that was in the Apocrypha, I haven't gotten around to that yet.

No comments: